Lutheran World Relief Personal Care Kits
This Lent, we’re joining Lutheran World Relief in A Season of Hope to announce to the world the HOPE of Christ. Each week, we’ll collect a different item that we’ll use to assemble Personal Care Kits that give people around the world tools to stay healthy in life’s most challenging situations and provide assistance for struggling families in fragile corners of the world. An insert will be included in the Sunday bulletin. Copies will also be available at the sanctuary entrances.
Our goal is to assemble 75 Personal Care Kits.Contributions can be made in two ways:
- Cash donation to support purchasing in bulk.
- Items may be purchased by individuals and delivered to LOTI, when we gather after after Minnesota’sshelter in place order is lifted.
We will schedule a date for assembly and shipping preparation at that time. Each kit will include:
- Two or three bars of soap
- One bath towel
- One toothbrush
- One comb
- One nail clipper
- Be sure to shop for light or medium-weight towels in darker colors, which are easier for kit recipients to hand wash and air dry, take up less storage space and are considerably less expensive than the fluffier towels we may prefer.
- Please give new items only.
- Please do not donate items with any religious symbols, messages or a group’s name.
- Please do not donate any items decorated with a U.S. flag, patriotic or military symbols, or references to the armed forces, including camouflage.
- Please do not add other items or leave out any of the items listed.
- All items should be new.
- Do not enclose kits or any contents in plastic bags.
Contact Linda Nelson with questions or to let us know that would like to help.